F. A. Davis wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. We will gladly issue full credit for products returned provided the following:
- All authorized and approved returns will be issued a Credit note. The Credit Note may be applied to invoices or future purchases for a period of 2 years.
- The products were purchased directly from F.A. Davis within one (1) year or recalled within ninety (90) days. If we receive a return that does not conform to these requirements, we will notify you immediately and offer to return the products to you at your expense or dispose of the products in accordance with your instructions. (See Out of Print Recalls below)
- Returned products, including old editions, are in salable condition.
- Proper documentation is included. Returns without documentation or with incomplete documentation will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Documentation should include (1) A copy of the original invoice OR a packing slip that properly references the invoice by including the original invoice number and date, ISBN, author name, and title and (2) The reason for return.
- Multiple carton shipments must be clearly marked. We will hold any partial shipments received for three (3) business days. If after three (3) days, the balance of the shipment has not arrived, our Returns Department will notify you of the missing cartons and process the products that were received.
All return Credits may be applied to invoices or future purchases for a period of 2 years.
Any claim for a return/credit must be made within six months after the return date.
If your normal operating procedures include the issuance of a Request for Authorization for returns, please contact Livia Albertini by phone, fax, or mail at the numbers and address noted below or by email.
Software, videos, and CDs may be returned, unopened, within 30 days of the invoice date for credit.
Please return the item using a traceable method (UPS, FedEx, USPS/return receipt) so we can issue a credit if your package is lost. Send your returns to our Distribution Center at the following address:
F.A. Davis Company
ATTN: Returns Department
404 N. 2nd Street
Philadelphia PA 19123
Phone: 800-323-3555 / 215-440-3002
Periodically, F.A. Davis will announce the recall of an old edition via email, the Bookstore/Librarian Resource Center on this website, or our distributors. We will issue credit for recalled titles if the books are in salable condition, have been purchased directly from F.A. Davis and are received within ninety (90) days of the publication date of the new edition. Any products not meeting these criteria will not receive a Credit and may be destroyed at the discretion of F A Davis Company.
We will replace any defective products that, aside from the noted defect, are in salable condition, if they were purchased directly from F.A. Davis within one (1) year or recalled within ninety (90) days and for which pertinent information regarding the original purchase has been provided.
Defective products purchased through a distributor must be returned to that distributor.
Products Damaged During Shipment
If you purchased products directly from F.A. Davis and they are damaged upon receipt, please do the following:
UPS - Refuse to accept the delivery and notify F.A. Davis immediately. We will replace the shipment, OR
- Accept the shipment and notify your local UPS representative immediately who will file a damage/inspection report and return the products to F.A. Davis. Notify F.A. Davis and we will replace the shipment.
Common Carrier If damage is obvious, note the number of damaged cartons on the bill of lading and call Kenny Lind, F.A. Davis Warehouse Manager, immediately at 800-323-355 or 1-215-440-3010
U.S. Postal Service (USPS) We cannot be responsible for books lost or damaged by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS).
Products Damaged Due to Improper Packing by F.A. Davis If products were improperly packed by F.A. Davis or are not in salable condition despite adequate packing, notify F.A. Davis Customer Service within seven (7) days of receiving the products. We will ship a replacement and arrange for the return of the damaged products at our expense. To obtain a replacement, please carefully pack the products to ensure that they will not be damaged in transit since we will not be able to issue a full credit if damage occurs. (We will notify you upon receipt of products are received damaged.)
All returns must be sent prepaid to the following address:
F.A. Davis Company Returns Department
404-420 North Second Street
Philadelphia PA 19123
Phone: 800-323-3555 / 215-440-3001