Prepare yourself for the culturally rich and ethically diverse world in which you will practice. Noted researchers, educators, and clinicians from a wealth of backgrounds use the Purnell twelve-step model to examine 33 population groups from a health care perspective. Each brings a personal understanding of the traditions and customs of their societies, providing a unique perspective on the implications for patient care.
- Uses the Purnell twelve-step model to organize the discussion of each cultural group, looking at the following factors...
- Inhabited localities, topography, and overview
- Family roles and organization
- Workforce issues
- Biocultural ecology
- High-risk behaviors
- Pregnancy and childbearing practices
- Death rituals
- Health-care practices
- Health-care practitioners
- Includes multiple vignettes in each culture-based chapter clearly illustrating situations and issues across the nursing continuum.
- Provides expanded focus on evidence-based practice.
- Offers full-chapter coverage of 18 additional cultures online at DavisPlus with one-page abstracts in the book appendix.
- Features knowledge and understanding questions.
- Foundations for Cultural Competence: Individual and Organizational
- Transcultural Diversity and Health Care
- The Purnell Model for Cultural Competence
- Individual Competence and Evidence-Based Practice
- Organizational Cultural Competence
- Global Health and Healthcare Issues
- Aggregate Data for Cultural Specific Groups
- African American
- European American
- Puerto Rican
A. Cultural, Ethnic, and Racial Diseases and Illnesses
B. Abstracts in the book with full chapters available online at DavisPlus.
- NEW! Purnell’s Interactive Model of Cultural Competency, a full-color, interactive program representing each of the twelve steps that uses clinical scenarios to determine your level of cultural competency.
- REVISED! Streamlined organization of concepts into separate units for theory and practice.
- NEW CHAPTERS! Individual Competence and Evidence-Based Practice • Organizational Cultural Competence • Global Health and Healthcare Issues.
- NEW! Cuban, European American, Hmong, and Puerto Rican cultures added.
- NEW! Section on international standards for cultural competency.
- MORE! Knowledge questions covering all chapters and abstracts.
- EXPANDED! More user-friendly, detailed index.
Login to FADavis.com to add a review!
No reviews found for this product.