Skills for the Patient Care Technician provides entry-level health-care employees with a comprehensive tool to become multiskilled.
- Assumes no prior health-care training!
Prepares students for the phlebotomy certification exam
Written in workbook format, which enables the text to be used in classroom and self-directed study
Each chapter contains
Key terms and definitions
Basic theory of specialty and procedures
Step-by-step procedures and performance checklists
Study questions and exercises
1. Introduction to the Healthcare Field
3. Basic Anatomy and Physiology
4. Blood and the Circulatory and Lymphatic Systems
5. Venipuncture Equipment
6. Routine Venipuncture
7. Venipuncture Complications
8. Special Venipuncture Collection
9. Dermal Puncture
10. Special Dermal Puncture
11. Additional Specimen Collection, Processing, and Related Duties
12. Point-of-Care Testing
14. Patient Care
15. Respiratory Care
16. Basic Radiography
Appendices: Basic Terminology
Login to FADavis.com to add a review!
No reviews found for this product.