Think. Learn. Do.
Take a fresh, new approach to nursing fundamentals with a true multimedia learning experience that teaches students how to think, learn, and do while they make the ‘connections’ each step of the way. From the text with its bonus CD-ROM through the companion Study Guide to the wealth of e-learning resources online at DavisPlus, it meets the needs of today’s students and today’s courses.
A practical, student-oriented focus with geriatric content throughout helps them to master safe and effective nursing care by developing the critical thinking and problem solving skills they need to excel in clinical practice.
- Geriatric content throughout the text helps you prepare for the real world.
- Connection Boxes illustrate how to apply theory to practice in key areas: Clinicals • A&P • Patient Teaching • Real World Nursing • People & Places • Knowledge • Lab/Diagnoses • Delegation/Supervision.
- Post Conference boxes follow each skill, summarizing what you’ve learned and describing the possible reactions of both patient and nurse.
- Full-color photographs and figures clearly illustrate anatomy and clinical procedures.
- Step-by-step procedures for over 120 skills make every concept easy to grasp.
- Critical-thinking questions hone your skills and thought processes for clinical success.
- Learning Connection CD-ROM
- IQ Question Bank—Over 300 NCLEX-style questions covering a variety of topics found in the book and on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Auscultation Sounds—Almost 40 samples of heart, lung, and bowel sounds followed by quick quizzes for review.
- Key Term Pronunciations—Over 1,000 audio pronunciations from Taber’s Cylcopedic Medical Dictionary, 21st Edition.
- Documentation Forms—Actual documentation forms used in practice.
- Abbreviation Tables—Common medical abbreviations as found in Taber’s Cylcopedic Medical Dictionary, 21st Edition.
- Dosage Calculator—Common dosage calculations, like Body Mass Index (BMI) and IV drip rates.
Introduction to Nursing
The Vista of Nursing
Health Care Delivery and Economics
Nursing Ethics and Law
The Nursing Process and Decision Making
Communicating and Understanding
Communication and Relationships
Promoting Health and Wellness
Ethnic, Cultural, and Spiritual Aspects of Care
Growth and Development throughout the Lifespan
Loss, Grief, and Dying
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Medical Asepsis and Infection Control
Moving and Positioning Patients
Applying Heat and Cold
Pain Management, Rest, and Restorative Sleep
Admission, Transfer, and Discharge
Clinical Skills and Care
Nutritional Care and Support
Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
Bowel Elimination and Care
Urinary Elimination and Care
Care of Elderly Patients
Care of the Surgical Patient
Phlebotomy and Blood Specimens
Research and Preparing Medications
Administering Oral, Topical, and Mucosal Medications
Administering Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Injections
Peripheral IV Therapy
Appendix A: Answers to Review Questions
Appendix B: Photo and Illustration Credits
Login to FADavis.com to add a review!
No reviews found for this product.