As health care delivery changes, there is a growing emphasis on health promotion, maintenance, and restoration for individuals in a variety of settings. Elaine Polan and Daphne Taylor’s book addressees those needs as it guides students through the life cycle—from conception to old age. Through user-friendly chapters and new, four-color presentation, they provide LPN/LVN students with a complete review of growth and development across the lifespan.
- Emphasis on clinical application.
- “Helpful Hints” boxes highlight important facts.
- Tables, illustrations, and photographs.
- Multiple-choice questions that assess mastery of the material.
- Suggested readings and web site references to encourage additional study and research.
- Chapter summaries that provide key points for quick review.
Table of Contents
1. Healthy Lifestyles
3. The Family
5. Theories of Growth and Development
6. Prenatal Period to 1 Year
9. School Age
10. Puberty and Adolescence
11. Early Adulthood
12. Middle Adulthood
13. Late Adulthood
14. Death and Dying
- Thoroughly updated and revised with a new, full-color design.
- Easier-to-grasp discussions of the theories of growth and development.
- Up-to-date information on human emotions in the chapter, Healthy Lifestyles.
- Concepts to engage patients in planning for their futures.
- Expanded coverage of cultural competency.
Login to FADavis.com to add a review!
No reviews found for this product.